(No piercings under the age of 16)
- Vertical Labret
- Surface Piercings
- Snake bites
- Angel bites
- Spider bites
- Venom bites
- Forward Helix
Now that you have a new piercing and the hard part is over, here are a few tips on proper care. Sometimes healing a piercing can be somewhat stressful, but I promise you it isn't difficult. Try to remember it is common for clients to have questions during the healing of a new piercing. No question is a dumb question! Come see me! - Deane
EXTERNAL PIERCING AFTERCARE
To properly kick off your aftercare,never your fresh piercing with dirty hands until it is fully healed. Do yourself a favor and WASH YOUR HANDS!
Clean your piercing twice daily using an anti-bacterial soap (gold dial soap, etc.). The proper way to do this is to first wash your hands, rinse, create a new lather in your hands. Take a fresh Q-tip and get the suds on one end of the Q-tip. Clean around the piercing for 10-15 seconds then dry with the other end of the Q-tip.
New piercings also tend to swell more often then not so an icepack will really help you here as well as taking ibuprofen, Advil, or Motrin since all are anti-inflammatory medication.
INTERNAL PIERCING AFTERCARE
Make sure to rinse your mouth with GOLD LISTERINE after you eat, drink, smoke, or chew for a good 10-15 seconds. Stick with Gold Listerine due to the fact that the flavored kind lead to problems with yeast growth in your piercing.
For the next few weeks, Ice water will be your best friend. The cold will naturally help with swelling problems so drink as much as you'd like!
Tips For Success
- Always wash hands before touching your piercing.
- Avoid contact with body fluids.
- Avoid: pools, lakes, rivers, oceans, bathtubs, hot tubs.
- Avoid moving or rotating your jewelry.
- Do not play with the piercing while it is healing.
- Try not to sleep on the piercing.
- Avoid tight or restrictive clothes and belts.
- Remember that non-healed piercing is an open wound.
- If possible wear long hair up off piercings.
- Check beads that screw on/off to make sure they are tight. Right is tight, Left is loose.
- Avoid irritants like: Alcohol, peroxide, ointments, chemicals, etc.
KEILOID HEALING INFORMATION
Tea Tree Oil
- Saturate one end of a Q-tip with the tea tree oil
- Dilute the solution on the Q-tip under the running faucet water for 1 second
- Massage on area for 10-15 seconds
- Repeat twice daily
- Crush aspirin into a powder then slowly add distilled water to form a paste (toothpaste consistency)
- Apply to area and leave for 15 minutes then rinse
- Repeat twice daily